Here in WA, we have been lucky enough to attend the 2020 Horseland Young Horse Championships this year. This year the format has changed slightly, and the show is being run over two weekends where it combines the showjumping and eventing. The ‘style’ classes for both showjumping and eventing have been videoed and live-streamed by the excellent team at iVideo Production Cinemaphotography. They will then be sent to three judges to determine the placings!
This year WA has managed to secure Phillip Lever and Frida Lindgren of Lever Equestrian who have recently relocated back to Australia. Frida has produced top young horses up to Grand Prix level for many years and has worked as a professional showjumping rider for top riders/stables such as Malin Baryard, Ashford Farm and Joe Clee. Phillip has competed successfully at 5*and World Cup level in Europe and has worked for multiple top stables including Jan Tops, Axel Verlooy and Jessica Kürten. Phillip & Frida will be determining the winners and place getters in each showjumping age category.
All the placegetters were sent to this year’s 2020 international guest judge Rowan Willis. Rowan is based in North America and has taken the world by storm. Best known for his achievements on board the fabulous Chacco Blue mare Blue Movie. Rowan has had endless success at GP level on the international circuit, as well as being an integral part of the 2018 Australian WEG team placing 6th. More recently, Rowan has also qualified for the Tokyo Olympics, which sadly isn't going ahead due to COVID. Rowan will be choosing the overall winner for 2020 Horseland Young Showjumping Horse.
Kentaur Performance horses had a solid representation across the board for the style classes. Three horses by Absolute Ego Z (Air Jordan Z/ Lux Z) all jumped cracking rounds.
- Sari Golisano riding her own 4 year old Noblewood Park Argentina (Absolute Ego Z / Noblewood Park Lycia / Liostro) who is a 4yr old mare. Tina was bred by Kentaur at Kentaur using Noblewood Park’s mare Noblwood Park Lycia.
- Kentaur Director, Lucy Galovicova, riding Anneliese Pereira’s Castleford Ace (Absolute Ego Z/ Apen Park Ramira/ Renegade Z) who is a 4yr old gelding. Fondly known as Ace, he is a half-brother to Kentaur Coralline who was crowned overall winner of the Young Showjumping Horse in 2018.
- Rick Dabner riding Kessha Macknight’s Absolute Obsession (Absolute Ego Z/ Noblewood Park Olinda / Voltaire) who is a 5yr old mare.
We also had two home-bred horses in the 6 & 7yr old.
- Mischa Hartley-Auguste riding Robert Auguste’s Kentaur Coralline (Corland VDL / Apen Park Ramira / Renegade Z) who is a 6yr old mare. Coralline jumper two super clear rounds.
- Breanna Possingham riding her own Kentaur Pyro (Pico Bello (KWPN)/ Kentaur Valencia / Vivant) who is a 7yr old gelding.
A special mention goes to our Director, Lucy Galovicova, for making a comeback at this show after breaking her leg last year. It’s so good to see her back in the ring! Congratulations to all the owners and breeders. The quality of horses this year was terrific, and without the owners and breeders, these sorts of shows wouldn’t be what they are.
Result for the style classes will be announced on the second weekend of the Horseland Young Horse Championships held on the 3rd & 4th of October where all the horses get to compete again; however, this time it will be run as normal competition!
Stay tuned for the results of the style classes!
We would also like to thank our sponsors. Thompson and Redwood and Joanne Wallace for fuelling our horses to do their job well! Kentaur horses are fed Grower Weaner Pellets as foals and yearlings. They are then fed Claytons as young horses and a combination of Horse pellets and muesli when in full work. Also, thank you to Fiona Lacey the wonder vet and her team at Olive Grove Equine Clinic.
What to browse the Kentaur horses we have for sale? Click here